The Anatomy of a Luxury Microfiber Towel
Microfiber is a generic and broad term but when it comes to auto detailing, microfiber is the only option. There is nothing generic about Luxury Microfiber towels.
If you have used microfiber towels before, you know not just any microfiber towel will do. A high quality, specific type of microfiber towel is one of the most important yet underrated tools. Depending upon the job you are tackling, the right towel can make all the difference as it relates to effectiveness and efficiency. The quality also determines the durability and longevity of the microfiber towel.
- Grams per Square Meter (GSM) - GSM is the weight (in grams) of one square meter of the towel. GSM measures towel density, giving an idea of thickness, absorptivity, and pile height of the towel. Luxury Microfiber uses a variety of GSMs in our products depending upon the intended use of the towel, ranging from 350 - 1,400 GSM (best in class).
- Blend - Luxury Microfiber uses 70/30 and 80/20 blends, depending on towel purpose. This makes Luxury Microfiber towels plush and absorbent. Our blends are exceptional when compared to industry standards, especially the 92/8 blend sold at cheap prices in big box stores or other online retailers.
- Quality - Luxury Microfiber only uses the highest quality of yarn available for each towel type. The quality of yarn is essential as it is the luxury baseline for effectiveness, durability, and longevity of microfiber towels.
- Weave - Weave is the manner in which the yarn is woven to create a pattern. The weave determines the best use for the towel. For example, twisted loop and waffle weaves are unrivaled for drying, the coral fleece weave is best for cleaning, polishing, and buffing, and the silver-infused pearl is great for cleaning glass.
- Edging - The edging of the towel is almost as important as the towel itself. There is risk of scratching delicate surfaces (paint, chrome, stainless steel appliances) when using the wrong edge. To mitigate any risk of scratching, Luxury Microfiber makes towels that are edgeless or towels with satin trim or sewn edging.
Think about it, we use towels every day. We cannot live our lives without towels. Choosing a towel that is designed to suit your needs, will make the job much easier.
Why Luxury Microfiber towels? At the very basic level, towels are used to clean, soak up moisture or wipe any kind of surface: body/skin/hair, household areas, pets, and automotive detailing. Microfiber towels are made up of micro-fibers (many, many micro-fibers), which are able to grab the smallest dirt particles that cloth fibers simply cannot grab. A high quality, Luxury Microfiber towel helps prevent damage to delicate surfaces which may otherwise get wrecked or scratched using other towels or drying methods. Microfiber towels are inherently quick drying and are designed to release dirt and grime without the use of hot water, strong chemicals, or detergents.
At Luxury Microfiber, we are ultra-focused on the quality and performance of our towels. Every detail has been given the utmost care to deliver elite products that are the most usable, durable, and efficient.